Enter through the gate to be greeted by a charming 3 bedroom Circa 1900 Heritage residence that captures the warmth and charm of yesteryear.
Enter through the gate to be greeted by a charming 3 bedroom Circa 1900 Heritage residence that captures the warmth and charm of yesteryear. Located in the heart of Dunalley, this was one of the first homes built in this quaint fishing village. Step inside this historical home to admire traditional features including Baltic Pine ceilings and original fireplaces. There are added modern conveniences including a renovated wing for easy everyday living.
The generous block (1831m2) has been planted with 14 different varieties of fruit trees and overlooks a beautiful rural backdrop that has an ever-changing sky with spectacular sunsets.
This charming home features:
• Wood heating in the lounge and kitchen
• Open plan country kitchen/dining room with pine cupboards, skylight & slate floors
• Kitchen has dishwasher, wall oven and new hotplates.
• Formal separate lounge
• Additional large multipurpose room that could be used as a rumpus, guest or teenagers retreat
• 3 double bedrooms, master with open fireplace and 2 have BIRs
• Upstairs you will find an attic room that would be an ideal reading room or 4th bedroom
• Modern bathroom with shower, bath, double vanity and separate toilet
• Large light filled laundry with linen closet and storage
• Undercover outdoor entertainment areas including wrap around veranda
• Easy care gardens with an assortment of fruit trees
• Single garage with roller door and built in shelves for organised storage
• A number of outbuildings known to be the "old shop" and "digger and pickers" quarters!
Dunalley is a small fishing village on the Arthur Highway where Abel Tasman's landing party came ashore in 1642. Located on the narrow strip which separates the Forestier and Tasman Peninsulas from the rest of Tasmania. The astute buyer of this character filled home can enjoy a lifestyle with fishing, boating and enjoyment of surrounds. The primary attractions include the Waterfront Cafe and a Historic Hotel. Dunalley also has a great Community House with lots of activities for the locals, there is a General Store, Mechanic, Petrol Station, Post Office and Primary School. Only 57 km to Hobart on the Arthur Highway and 20 minutes to the airport.